Green grapes and pink flowers crown this empty vase. Wedding centerpiece design by Brandy Spears
To create this centerpiece I used a 24" glass vase with a 4.5" opening at the top. Using a caged florist foam resting on top of the empty vase, I hung hanging green amaranthus, wired in hanging green grapes, inserted a few stems of green with burgundy center dendrobium orchids. The top of the arrangement was done in shades of pink and hot pink peonies, roses, green tulips, blushed pink cybidium orchids over a foundation of hot pink hydrangea. When placed on a dinner table, measuring from the floor the top of the arrangement will be from 66" to 72" tall!
Photo detail of flowers designed by Brandy Spears.
Photo detail of floral design by Brandy Spears
Floral supplies and mechanics needed for this design:
- Green florist tape
- Florist wire
- Florist knife
- Wire cutters
- 20" tall clear vase with 3.5" to 4.5" opening
- 4.5" caged round florist foam
- Plumber's putty
- 2 large stems of hot pink hydrangea (see photos and video for color)
- 6 Esperance roses
- 1 growers package of 10 green with burgundy center dendrobium orchids
- 6 blooms of blushed pink cymbidium orchids
- 1 growers package of 9 green double bloomed tulips (local variety)
- 2 large clusters of green grapes from supermarket
- 1 growers bunch of green hanging amaranthus
- 3 hot pink peonies fully bloomed
Hope you enjoyed and have fun designing!